Please write and send praise, critique, interesting links or random musings to touchthehandthatfeedsyou@yahoo.com

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bill Maher Lets The Tea Party Have It

Jan 17th, 2011

In spite of my calls for greater civility, I gladly endorse the very tough critique of the Tea Party by Bill Maher this weekend. I see no contradiction. My call for civility does not equate to over-arching politeness towards dangerous liars who give safe haven to neo-Nazis and White Supremacists, attempt to rewrite the history they find to be inconvenient and form the largest movement opposed to intellectual accomplishment in America I have ever witnessed. 

Maher takes particular aim at the Tea Party's supposed "love"of our Founding Fathers:

I think it's pretty clear that the Founding Fathers would have hated your guts, and what’s more, you would have hated them."


No comments:

Post a Comment